Commenting and Moderation Policy
In a continued effort to engage scientific dialogue, we encourages readers to comment on articles, commentaries and news stories.
We are dedicated to encouraging respectful, engaging, and informative conversation. If you wish to participate, we ask that you follow these simple guidelines:
- Registration: Readers must register in order to comment. Registration can be initiated by clicking here. All comments must come from a real person. Registration must include a first and last name. Postings from fake profiles will be deleted.
- Email Privacy: Email addresses are required for commenting, and they are not published on the blog, nor shared. They may be used by the blog owner to privately contact the commenter.
- Commenter Privacy and Protection: All email, snail mail, phone numbers, and any private and personal information posted in any comment will be deleted as soon as possible to protect the privacy of the commenter. To prevent such editing, never share this private information within a comment.
- Language and Manners: This website is “PG-13.” Comments that include offensive or inappropriate language, or considered by the editors to be rude and offensive, will be edited or deleted. Play nice. Failure to respect fellow participants could result in removal and blocked access.
- A Comment is Conversation: A comment that does not add to the conversation, runs of on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be edited, moved, or deleted. Stay on topic. Keep the conversation relevant and contribute to the dialogue.
- Limit Links: This blog is setup to automatically hold any comment with more than two links in moderation, which may delay your comment from appearing on this blog. Any comment with more than four links could be marked as comment spam.
- What To Do If Your Comment Does Not Appear: If you leave a comment and it does not appear in a reasonable time period, and you know that it does not violate these Comment Policies, contact the editors.
- Commenters Blocked: Anyone who violates these Comments Policy may be blocked from future access and/or commenting on this blog.
- All Rights Reserved: The editors reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. They also have the right to block access to any one or group from commenting or from the entire blog.
- Hold Harmless: All comments are the responsibility of the commenter, not the administrator, contributor, editor, or author. By submitting a comment, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold Science Dialogues , Kevin M. Kelly, Kelly Webworks, John Edward Terrell, and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
Adapted from The Blog Herald, Does your blog have a comments policy. Retrieved 12-Jan-2017.